2022/2023 Scholarship Applications
THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA SCHOLARSHIPS
OKEFENOKE RURAL ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION SCHOLARSHIPS
FGC BOT SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS.ORG DECEMBER NEWSLETTER
There are FIFTEEN Scholarship Opportunities listed in the newsletter below. Deadlines between December 31, 2022 and April 06, 2023..
RYAM (Rayonier Advanced Materials) SCHOLARSHIP-DUE JANUARY 5, 2023
Engineering AND Technical or Trade Program Scholarships!!!!
UNITED STATES SENATE YOUTH PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
IN HONOR OF HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH, WHICH BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 15TH, THE STATE IS OFFERING SOME SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIESGrades 4-124th - 12th-grade students have the opportunity to participate in an essay contest. The winners of the essay contest will receive a 2-year Florida College Plan Scholarship and a $100 gift card for school supplies.CLICK HERE for more information!
FLORIDA GATEWAY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS INFORMATION 2023
Board of Trustees Scholarship
This opportunity offers High School SENIORS from Baker, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, and Union County Public Schools the Opportunity to attend Florida Gateway College tuition free for 2years(Summer term is not included).
To be eligible students must be:
- Students must be from Baker, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist and Union County Public High Schools
- Incoming High School Seniors Only
- Scholarship can only be used at Florida Gateway College (FGC)
- Students must apply for the scholarship
- Application opens October 1st
- Application deadline is March 15th
- Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is required to apply (final HS transcripts will be required before scholarship award can be placed on a student account)
- Students must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA at FGC to remain eligible
- Must be enrolled at FGC full-time each semester, 12 credits or more in fall and spring
- Volunteer participation in FGC’s student ambassador organization
- 2 letters of recommendation (non-family member) and 500 word personal essay
The focus of the Board of Trustees Scholarship is to capture promising students with middle to upper GPA's and are distinguished by factors such as school/community involvement and service. This merit-based scholarship does not take into account financial need, but all FGC scholarship applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov).
This opportunity offers students in eligible programs up to $3000 toward tuition, books and supplies, not otherwise covered by federal/state grants or other third-party payment.
The following programs are eligible for Open Door Grant funds in Spring 2023:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Correctional Basic Recruit and Cross-over program
- Emergency Medical Technician*
- Firefighter/EMT Combined*
- Firefighter Minimum Standards
- Law Enforcement Basic Recruit and Cross-over program*
- Network Infrastructure Certificate
How do I qualify for Open Door Grant?
- Apply for admission to FGC
- Complete the FAFSA for eligible programs (indicated by * next to the program above)
- Complete the Open Door Grant Application available on the college homepage.
Florida Law Enforcement Academy Program Scholarship
Next program start date is early November! Up to $1000 in eligible expenses covered.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be enrolled in a LE or Crossover to LE program (BLEA, XLCA)
- Complete the FAFSA
- Not be sponsored/paid for by an employing agency
- Complete the Law Enforcement Scholarship Application available on the college homepage.
Minority Teacher Education Scholarship
The student must:
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or admissions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
- Have not earned more than 18 hours of upper-division-level courses in education at the time of application.
- Belong to one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan native.
- Be admitted into a teacher education program at any of the program’s eligible participating postsecondary institutions.
The application is available at www.ffmt.org. The spring 2023 application deadline is December 2, 2022, with a chance to be eligible for an annual scholarship of $4,000!
BLACK, INDIGENOUS AND PEOPLE OF COLOR (BPIOC) RESOURCES AND SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS.ORG SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER
There are 18 Scholarship Opportunities listed in the newsletter below. They are listed by priority deadline (October/November/December).
JUNIOR CHAMBER INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
*** Students also review the senior scholarships (below) from 2021/2022 that the Baker County Education Foundation will advertise soon. Typically they are similar each year! ***
2021/2022 Scholarship Applications
Senior Scholarship Applications
Baker County Education Foundation Scholarships for Class of 2022 Graduating Seniors.
1) List of Scholarships & Eligibility Requirements (Print or leave open for Reference)
2) Online Application for all scholarships. (STUDENTS PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR @BAKERK12.org gmail account to access this form)
3) Supplemental Application (required only if you are a member of the Future Farmers of America and are applying for the Lydia Masterson Pons Scholarship)
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program establishes lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement.
Florida Gateway currently has some wonderful opportunities for students interested in receiving scholarship money for school:
- The Board of Trustee Scholarship will cover the cost of 12 credit hours per Fall and Spring semester for the first two years of college for those that are selected. In order to qualify, the student must graduate high school with a 2.5 gpa or above. The student must also complete the online application. upload two letters of recommendation, upload a 500 word essay, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . The link is listed below:
- Florida Gateway College is also currently offering scholarships for Women’s Flag Football. If you are interested in being recruited for flag football at FGC please email the current coach at email@example.com
- Florida Gateway College will also be offering scholarships for Women’s Softball. If a student Is interested in being recruited, please send emails to the athletic director until the coach is hired. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florida Gateway College will be recruiting students for its E-Sports team. If you are interested in competing against other colleges video game teams, then this is the perfect opportunity. Please email email@example.com
- Florida Gateway college is also offering scholarships for Women’s Cross country. If anyone is interested in Cross Country please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the end of June the Foundation Scholarship will open for students to apply for the Fall semester. Please fill out the application with a 250 word essay. This scholarship is not guaranteed, and most times offered on a first come first served basis.
Take Stock in Children
Take Stock in Children (TSIC) provides tuition scholarships to attend Florida Gateway College for selected eighth graders whose families meet the income guidelines for free or reduced lunch. Students must reside in the county where they are applying.
Student applications are provided to eighth grade students around April of each year.
Students receiving scholarships must agree to:
Stay off drugs
Stay crime free
Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average
Maintain good citizenship both in and out of school
Meet with their assigned Mentor each week at school
Attend and participate in TSIC events, as required
To learn more about this scholarship opportunity or how to become a Mentor, please visit http://www.takestockinchildren.org.